With limited supervision, the HR Compliance Specialist ensures client company compliance with HR related local, state, and federal laws. Serves as the subject matter expert for local, state, and federal labor laws and performs a variety of analytical, evaluative, interpretive, or advisory duties to ensure compliance.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00a – 5:00p (in office position – telecommuting not available)
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain compliance with local, federal, and state regulations concerning employment and provide support to the HR team and leadership.
- Collaborate with internal Worklogic HR and client worksite employees and management to communicate various human resources policies, procedures, best practices and local, federal, and state regulations. Provide support to internal management in the same areas.
- Ensure co-branded Employee Handbook and any other policies, forms, and templates are compliant with each state and necessary updates are processed efficiently.
- Research and review federal and state laws and precedent cases to defend clients against claims, charges, and to provide best practices to clients.
- Manage ongoing completion of minimum wage changes anytime there are changes to state/local/city ordinances.
- Ensure compliance and consistency on all pre-hire and on-boarding requirements.
- Maintain compliance of background testing process and drug testing.
- Research and prepare compliance related communications to distribute to client companies. Be fully accountable for the accuracy and quality control of all communications.
- May handle client worksite employee EEO complaints and determine the necessary steps for a thorough and compliant investigation.
- Build, maintain and promote relationships with team members, peers across disciplines, sales staff and all other company team members ensuring effective coordination of communications and services affecting clients.
- Attend webinars, seminars and other trainings to stay-up-to-date on laws and best practices.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of employment laws and local, federal and multi-state regulations.
- Practical knowledge of background, drug and alcohol testing laws, regulations, reporting procedures and recordkeeping requirements.
- Foundational knowledge of federal and state labor and employment enforcement agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness at all levels in the organization and across cultures.
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with the standards, practices, policies, procedures and local, federal and state regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently execute a high volume and broad scope of tasks within tight deadlines, competing demands and changes in the work environment.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Active listening skills and ability to remain empathetic.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to consult effectively with all levels of management with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to establish credibility, be decisive and be able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
Education and Experience:
- BA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of three years of related HR Compliance experience required (5 years preferred).
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to learn other applications as needed.
Travel may required as needed.
Indoor. Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.